ACH is committed to reducing the stray/feral over population epidemic in our community. It can start by spaying or neutering your pet. Click here for options available to you
One of our missions at ACH is to help stop cat overpopulation. Yearly, thousands of kittens are born as strays and over 4 million cats entering shelters are euthanized due to over-crowded and under funded shelters.
It is recommended that male kittens be neutered at 4-5 months and females spayed at 5-6 months, just prior to their first heat. Your veterinarian may have further recommendations.
ACH promotess the following reduced cost spay/neuter alternatives:
- Angelcat’s Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program. We utilize several veterinarians that will perform the surgery for a reasonable rate. ACH will provide the transportation from Plainville. For more information, e-mail Spay@angelcathaven.com or call the message center at (508) 203-4240.
- Sylvan Animal Clinic in Fall River, is part of Faxon Animal Rescue League. Their phone number is (508) 679-6122. Visit their website at www.faxonarl.org for a link to the clinic with information on low cost spaying & neutering.
- Salmon River in Rhode Island is a mobile vet service that spays & neuters cats at a reasonable rate. Visit their website at www.rimobilevet.com for a list of the locations and dates they will be there. Appointments may be booked online.
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Certificates. Friends of Animals is an organization that aids in the fight against overpopulation and offers certificates which can be purchased online. Information on the program and participating veterinarians cat be found at www.friendsofanimals.org
- Spay/Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) from the MSPCA is available for low income Massachusetts residents. To qualify you must fill out an application. For more information visit www.mspca.org click on Pet Owner Resources from the list on the left then choose the SNAP Program. Residents outside Massachusetts can find out about similar programs from www.spayusa.org
RI Community Spay Neuter Clinic- located in Warwick, RI is a low-cost spay/neuter clinic that does cats & dogs. Please see their website for pricing.